Carpe Diem

Three months. There are only three months left until the program ends and all 32 of us step out into our respective plans. For many of us, this means that we have three months until our time in New Orleans comes to an end. While these thoughts bring a wide range of emotions from sadness to excitement, they have forced me to take some time to seriously reflect. After only a few weeks here I quickly realized that my time in New Orleans was not only about getting a master’s degree and strengthening a medical school application, but even more so about the person I am becoming in this process. Have I learned everything I was supposed to learn? Have I invested enough into the community and into the future of New Orleans? Have I practiced speaking life over the people I am in contact with day to day? As I mulled over the answers to these questions and others like them, I concluded that I have not maxed out each day as much as I should be. With this realization, I have made the decision that I am going to do everything humanly possible to make the most of every opportunity that I have been given here. By the end of these three months, I want to be able to look back and declare that I have finished my race here, and finished it well.


My encouragement to all of you would be that no matter season of life that you are in, do everything in your power to get to the end of each day with no regrets. Read one more page, grind out one more push-up, linger just a little longer in each conversation, and go beyond the call of duty for nothing more than the satisfaction of a job well done. See you all in February.



Hours Completed this Month: 0
Total Hours Completed: 0

Comments

Popular Posts